A substantial ‘Sussex Style’ residence with marvellous views, boasting spacious accommodation, opulent touches and with landscaped gardens and grounds
The Village of Ditchling, steeped in history and with its embedded ties to the arts, provides a traditional range of local shops and amenities. Hassocks is situated approximately 2 miles away and provides regular mainline rail services to London, Brighton and Gatwick (Victoria in approximately 55 minutes). Further to this Gatwick airport can be reached by car in approximately 30 minutes. The area is brimming with well-respected state and private schools including Ditchling C of E, Great Walstead, Downlands, Burgess Hill School for Girls, Hurst College and Brighton College. The city of Brighton and Hove is approximately 9 miles away and provides world class shopping, restaurants and provisions of the arts with a diverse twist. The surrounding countryside and rolling South Downs provide the finest backdrop for walking and horse riding.
Downlands House is quaintly settled at the foot of the South Downs within the National Park approximately one mile from the centre of the picturesque and historic village of Ditchling. This stately country residence has been the subject of significant extension over the years and boasts flexible accommodation and large private grounds. A particular feature of the main house is the master suite comprising a sitting room with views towards the South Downs leading to a master bedroom with en-suite shower room and walk-in wardrobe. There are a further 5 large double well-appointed bedrooms all benefiting from en-suite facilities. A large modern style kitchen/breakfast room lies on the north wing and tastefully blends a mix of traditional and modern features such as an electric twin oven ‘Aga’ and sleek ‘Corian’ work surfaces. The property also offers a large pool complex comprising an indoor swimming pool with sauna and shower room with an adjoining Spa. The gardens and grounds are approximately 1.65 acres.
REQUEST A VIEWING
If you would like to request a viewing of this property simply call us on 01273 844500. However, if a call isn't convenient right now then please fill in the form below.
- ‘Corian’ work surfaces
- Inset 5 ring electric hob with extractor fan over
- Eye level ‘Neff’ twin fan assisted electric ovens and microwave
- Fitted ‘Neff’ Coffee maker
- Electric twin oven Aga with granite worksurfaces and upstands to either side
- Space for ‘American Style’ fridge freezer
- White base and wall units
- Walk in larder cupboard
- Stairs to master bedroom suite
- Ceramic tiled floor
- 2 large tiled shower cubicles with wall mounted thermostatic shower and glazed doors
- Modern wash hand basins with cupboards under
- Ceramic tiled floor
- 4 panelled baths with wall mounted taps and hand shower attachments
- Tiled splash backs
- Low levels w.c. suites
- Heated ladder style towel radiators
- Two floor mounted ‘Grant’ oil fired boilers located in the plant room
- Pool filtration system located in the plant room
- Luxury spa complex including swimming pool, sauna and Jacuzzi
- Master suite including sitting room, bedroom, en-suite shower room and walk in wardrobe
- Gardens and grounds of approximately 1.65 acres
The property is approached over a sweeping tarmacadam driveway flanked by neatly tended lawn, shrub and flower beds and a proliferation of specimen trees, hedging and topiary beech hedge. A contoured and raised lawned area is set to the south side of the property with a delightful ornamental pond stocked with a variety of unusual water species. There are further areas of formal gardens, a vegetable garden.