To give you the best service we sometimes need to collect information about you. This information will typically include:
• Full name and contact details (including your contact number, email and postal address)
• Information about your selling/renting/current living status and how you may intend to purchase a property through us (i.e) use of financing etc.
• Information relating to your identity where we are required by law to collect this to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017
• Usage information about visits to our website (which enable our website to remember information about you and your preferences) and use of our site. Please read our 'Cookies Policy' for further details.
Where we need to collect personal data by law (for example to meet our obligations to prevent fraud and money laundering) or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you receive, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We will hold and use personal information about you in the following ways:
• To fulfil our obligations to you when providing you with our property services
• To comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations, including verifying your identity, prevention of fraud and money laundering and to assess your credit worthiness
• Communicate with you whilst providing our services, for example with your enquiries and requests
• Statistical purposes so we can analyse figures to help us manage our business and plan strategically for the future
• To notify you about changes to our service in the future.
How long we keep your data for:
We will retain your personal data for different periods depending on the service you require, which may be a longer period than that for which we are engaged, i.e. where we are under regulatory or statutory duties to hold your data for a longer period or need to retain it in the event of a legal claim or complaint.
Security of your data:
Your data will be held on secure servers with all reasonable technological and operation measures put in place to safeguard it from unauthorised access. Where possible any identifiable information will be encrypted or minimised and physical data is securely stored in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
Your data will not normally be disclosed to third parties. Sometimes we may need to disclose your details to a third party so that we can provide you with the service that you have requested and we will only do so after obtaining your permission.
How you can access and update your information:
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, known as a data subject access request. You also have the right to request information which has been changed since you first told us, is updated or removed. These requests are free of charge and can be sent to Peter Chatt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 34 High Street, Ditchling, East Sussex, BN6 8TA
How you can request or erase your data:
You can ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
How you can withdraw your consent:
You have the right at any time to withdraw any consent you have given us to process your personal data. Please note if you withdraw your consent it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data we have carried out before you withdrew your consent. Should you wish to do so you can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We are always looking at measures to keep your personal data more secure and in doing so our privacy may change or be updated in the future. Any changes we make will be posted to this page and where appropriate sent to you via email or a notification on this site.
Comments and Questions:
34 High Street, Ditchling, East Sussex, BN6 8TA